This is a snack my mom used to prepare for my dad and me. Mom used to say that it was her favorite when she was very young. Now it is mine also. The very thought of it makes me mouth watering. Do you want to see how it is prepared? Try yourself out and you will fall for it. I am just loving it.
- Maida/ all purpose flour – 2 cups
- powdered sugar – 3 tbsp
- ghee/butter – 150 gms
- baking powder – 1 tsp
- soda powder – 1/2 tsp
- cashew nuts – 50 gms
- cardamom – 6 nos ( skinned and powdered)
How it is prepared:
- Pre heart oven at 150 degree Celsius for 10 mins
- Powder half of the cashew nuts and coarsely the remaining
- Sift maida/all purpose flour.
- Add baking powder and soda powder along with the sifted flour and sift again twice
- Mix ghee/butter and powdered sugar in a bowl
- Add sifted flour, ground cashews and cardamom to the ghee mixture and make a dough (like rotti dough) and keep aside for 15 mins
- Make amla (goose berry/ nellikka) size balls and arrange by leaving space in a tray and bake it for 25-30 mins
- Prick it after 25 mins and if the tooth pick comes out clean, it is done
- Shift it to a another plate only after it is cooled in room temperature.
You can make 25 – 35 naan cuts
- Use only powdered sugar other wise naan cut will be very hard
- If the ghee is more, naan cut won’t get a proper shape
- Don’t open the oven until 2/3rd of the total baking time is over